Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate entries in drop down values in table control in module pool

Bharath84
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In custom table I have maintained fixed values at domain level and displaying this field as drop down.

I am displaying custom table data in table control of module pool program.

For this field when I click on drop down in my table control it is showing me duplicate entries. Here it is showing "Database" value as duplicate entries. I di not find duplicate entries in my internal table of table control. But in the output it is showing as below.

Please help me if anyone has faced this issue. Thanks in advance.
HT

9 REPLIES 9

former_member182550
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you populating the drop down ? Are you using the function modules in function group SVSM ?. These drop down lists also generally have an empty value at the bottom of them - are you setting the value of the field as a default ? If you are, what happens if you leave it blank ?

Rich

Bharath84
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I have selected screen field attribute as Listbox. I am not calling any function module for drop down values. I have not set any default value. If I am in display/change mode of table control, it is giving me duplicate entry. If I am adding a new row in table control, it is not giving any duplicates and the last entry is showing as blank. This is a mandatory field in table control and user will update the data in custom table.

Thanks,

HT

Jelena
Active Contributor

Please use Comment button to reply to an answer. If you post another answer then then person you're replying to will not get notified. Also this confuses others as it's not actually an answer to the question.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have a SAP GUI option to display the value corresponding to each entry in the dropdown listbox. That would help to see those values.

Please show domain values too (screenshot of se11).

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is duplicate entries, generally its selected entry. The question is, how did you do to add value to dropdown list.

0 Kudos

Which is what I asked.....

0 Kudos

HI Richard,

Below are the fixed values at domain level. and I have selected that screen field attribute as Listbox.

Thanks,
HT

0 Kudos

sorry cause im missed 'fix value in domain' part. your dropdownlist look totally normal with me, I dont understand why you said it have duplicate entries. what you see in the box is the selected value (which here you load from custom table so i suppose it should already have value). When you click the arrow, it will show you all posible values including the selected value (you can see that selected value highlighted). when you insert new line in table control, there is no default value then it blank.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Those could be text duplicates but with different keys, did you check domain definition?