Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown in ALV Grid (OO)

ManuCerisier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use an ALV Grid in ABAP Object. One of the field I display is set to be a editable field (using EDIT = 'X' in the field catalogue). I want this field to be a dropdown listbox, how can I do that ? I've found fields called DRDN_HNDL and DRDN_FIELD, maybe DRDN for dropdown, but I can't make it works.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks,

EC

3 REPLIES 3

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You will want to take a look the SAP example program BCALV_TEST_GRID_EDITABLE.  It has a working Drop Down List Box. You will see in it that you have to fill a table of type lvc_t_drop. In this you set a handle and value for every item you want to have in a all possible drop down lists. You will later connect a sub set of this data to your grid display data by joining on this handle. You can then send this table to your ALV grid using the method SET_DROP_DOWN_TABLE. You will also want to set the DRDN_FIELD in your field catalog to the field name in your data table that will contain the handle for the values in your drop down table you want to expose. You will need to add this field to your data table. This works very much like the exception light field in an ALV Grid.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

EC

0 Kudos

It helps a lot, thanks!