Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download file from an ABAP program to presentation server in background

former_member644562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to download .csv file from an ABAP program to presentation server. The program will be execute din background. I have made a search regarding this and found that we can first write a file in the Application Server (AL11) and from there it can be downloaded to the presentation server.The development server is SCM. The transactions 'CG3Y' AND 'CG3Z' does not exist in SCM but there is one function module "ARCHIVFILE_SERVER_TO_CLIENT"which is similar to CG3Y tcode. But when i am executing the program in background its getting cancelled.

Error is

"RFC server sapftp cannot be started - 1: Program no longer started via RFC. No return possi".

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my knowledge you can upload the file on the application server in background mode, and it is not possible to upload it on presentation server.

Best Regards,

Nikhil Patil

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

yes, i am able to download the file in the application server(AL11) but my problem is in downloading in the presentation server.

former_member536879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the Below Linkl

With Regards,

Sumodh.P

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done but it has lot of limitations like the presentation server must be on etc.

You can write a unix command which moves file from server to the PC. Then executing this command through SXGP_COMMAND_EXECUTE. We had done this once making sure that the system will not be swithced off.

You can also refer this article which describes another way of doing it.

link:[Communication to Presentation Server in Background Mode|http://www.scribd.com/doc/30284918/Communication-to-Presentation-Server-in-Background-Mode-1]