Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dowloading Data to CDROM instead of Desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Freinds,

I have requirement where in all the data which is coming from custom report has to be send directly to CDROM or Diskette

instead of downloaidng on the Desktop as .TXT file .

Could any one has done this type of requirement please coudl you give me the code.

regards

divya

Edited by: Divya Kumari on Jul 7, 2011 7:23 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

I've been never writing to CDROM, but for your issue you should use the methods of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES.

Use method FILE_SAVE_DIALOG to select the location on the computer. I don't know, if CDROM is supported (maybe it depends on the software installed on your frontend), but hard disk and diskette are supported.

Use method GUI_DOWNLOAD to download the file.

If FILE_SAVE_DIALOG can't select writing on CDROM, maybe method EXCEUTE can be used to start a command or script to copy your file from hard disk to CDROM.

Regards,

Klaus

3 REPLIES 3

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

I've been never writing to CDROM, but for your issue you should use the methods of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES.

Use method FILE_SAVE_DIALOG to select the location on the computer. I don't know, if CDROM is supported (maybe it depends on the software installed on your frontend), but hard disk and diskette are supported.

Use method GUI_DOWNLOAD to download the file.

If FILE_SAVE_DIALOG can't select writing on CDROM, maybe method EXCEUTE can be used to start a command or script to copy your file from hard disk to CDROM.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thank you for responding my question, actually i wanted only for diskette as of now . So if you have some piece of code for using that logic for sending to diskette it would be great help .

rgards

divya

0 Kudos

Dear Freinds,

When iam working on downloading on the desktop using GUI_dowload FM , instead of giving path to desktop if we give C://floppy path it automatically picks up into the floopy .

regards

divya