Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dought regarding Function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have small dought regarding fm....

since Read_text is a function module can it be changed to RFC , since i need to retrive data from sap to informatica .

since some of the long text are also need to retrived to a non sap system .

if i creat a zread _text as a RFC .

will this work .am i in the right path ,need ur advice on the same .

if its right what are the steps needs to be followed .to create a zread_text

Thanks ,

VInay .

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can you can simple copy it as an RFC enabled FM by coping it in your z FM ans assign it to the same FG.

Regards,

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this..

Reward if it helps..

Regards,

Omkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Yes, this will work. Select RFC radio button in the Processing type in the attributes in FM screen.

Hope this helps you. Reply for queries, shall post the updates.

Regards.

Kumar.

0 Kudos

Please don't copy the READ_TEXT function module - just write a "Z" function module that is a wrapper around the standard functionality, and then RFC-enable your "Z" function.

This way, if SAP delivers corrections and enhancements to the READ_TEXT functionality your code will still be up-to-date... if you take a copy, then your code will fall behind SAP's version.

0 Kudos

Thank u very much for you advice ,juts need to know how to have a wrapper around the standard functionality.

Cheers ,

VInay .

0 Kudos

Create a new function module in SE37, e.g. Z_RFC_READ_TEXT and tick that it is RFC enabled. The Import, Export, and Tables parameters should mirror those in READ_TEXT, but you might like to add another table so you can return any exception messages to the caller (e.g. "OT_RETURN" with a structure like BAPIRET2)... you might also have local standard for naming parameters in custom code which you may need to follow. Inside your "Z" function module you just call 'READ_TEXT' using the parameters of the "Z" function. Any exceptions from 'READ_TEXT' should be added into OT_RETURN so that the external caller can be advised of the problem.