Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts regarding BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Can we use both Tables and Changing parameters while creating Function modules and BAPI? Please tell the difference b/w Tables and Changing?

2) Is it mandatory that we should pass internal tables with out header line through FM and BAPI?

3) Is it mandatory that Parameters that we pass should be "pass by value"?

Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....

Import and export parameters can only be BY VALUE for an RFC enables Function module..

Reward points if useful......

Suresh......

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please some one throw some light on this!!

Its very urgent!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Yes. A table parameter is by definition a structured multi line parameter, a changing parameter is a single line (or value) fulfilling the requirement of both import and export parameters.

2) No. You may pass an itab with a header line.

3) See the help for each parameter type:

You pass the parameter with values. This means that the parameter contents are copied both when the parameter is passed and when it is transferred back to the calling parameter. For structures that contain tables, performance may be reduced considerably. Therefore, you should not do this.

(SAP Online help for Function Builder(SE37))

Regards

Gareth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d1/801f50454211d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm

1. we can use both changing and tables parameters.. if itr is required.

tables parameters is for passing tables

changing is for passing the variables with pass by value.

3. when you pass the values with import and export parameters.. by default it is passed by referance.. whereas changing is used for passing by value..

tables are always passed by referance.

regards,

pankaj singh

• reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the diff b/w table and changing is that in table we specify the table structure which we gona use in our FM and in changing we difine the object which is going to change i.e getting some new values . u dont have much idea abt BAPI's if u let me know ur mail id i will send some materials on BAPI that i got

ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you send me the material of BAPI to my id ravikanthgupta_g@yahoo.com. It will helpful to me

Thanks

Ravi

0 Kudos

check ur inbox ...................

ravi

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please send it to my mail id naveen2283@rediffmail.com

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Can you pls send BAPI Documents to vijayalaxmi_madiwala@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks and Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....

Import and export parameters can only be BY VALUE for an RFC enables Function module..

Reward points if useful......

Suresh......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi,

can u pls send to this id madhusudhaan@gmail.com

thanks.