Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt Regarding validation of IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have some doubts regarding IDOCS.

1. If we are sending a IDOC from XI to R/3, where does we do validations from R/3 side and how do we do that. Suppose if we are sending a Purchase order IDOC form XI to R/3, how to do validations for that particular IDOC for PO number and some other fields from R/3 side.

2. Do we need to do validations in a aABAP Program.

please clarify me these Questions. Thanks in advance..

santosh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

If you want to do any validations in ur IDOC,then from XI just push the IDOC,dont post it.

(ie)Send the IDOC from XI in status 64 :IDoc ready to be transferred to application.

Once R/3 Received this status then thru your ABAP progream just get this IDOC no: and do the validations then Post the IDOC manually.

Thanks.

Note:Reward Points if you find useful.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

If you want to do any validations in ur IDOC,then from XI just push the IDOC,dont post it.

(ie)Send the IDOC from XI in status 64 :IDoc ready to be transferred to application.

Once R/3 Received this status then thru your ABAP progream just get this IDOC no: and do the validations then Post the IDOC manually.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you pls let me know how to get the IDOC Number, is there any function module to do so. Nad one more thing is where do and how do we link this ABAP Program to th Particular IDOC. pls let me know these questions as i am new to this concept. thanks.

santosh.

0 Kudos

Hi santhosh,

Using this FM :GET_IDOCNR_FROM_IDOCNR you can get the IDOC number.

Once you get the IDOC number then pass this IDOC no: to this FM: IDOC_READ_COMPLETELY and extract the values from IDOC.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I had answered your same question in ABAP Genaral catogery. Please check the answer and rewards if this info is useful.

Thanks,