Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to use method SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY to generate grid output for a simple report.The problem is , it is not generating any output.The method is getting executed , but no effect.I did a sy-subrc check after this, it is zero only. When I went through some sample programs , they all are calling some different screen and calling this method in the PBO of that screen.But in my program , I am not callin any other screen,but just trying to output in the std SAP screen (1000), since this is just a report. Can this be a reason? Also I dont know the significance of the Container which we create initially. I have blindly given some names for the container. Does this have any effect on the output?

My primary doubt is whether the creation of a separate screen is required.

Can someone pls help me out? It is a bit urgent.

Thanks a ton in advance..

Mahesh

3 REPLIES 3

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to create a custom screen and create a custom container in the screen to display the ALV Data.

Custom container is important as the data will be display in this Container only

Go through the Link

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh

If you have the <b>new ALV object model </b>(CL_SALV_... classes) available on your system then you can display your list output without an additional screen. For an example have a look at sample report <b>ZUS_SDN_CL_SALV_TABLE_COLUMN</b> in thread

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

dynpro 1000 is only the selection screen. to dock a container on a report try repid = 'SAPMSSY0' and dynnr='0120'.

Andreas