Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubt in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have done as LSMW in that recording i have to enter four feilds. but when i am in teh second step... i have to maintains the source structures in that i have two other feilds that are also recorded and are with default values, but i dont have values for them in my flat file. so can i ignore those two feilds by not entering the values in them ? and if that is the case i think there will be a problem when we maintain the feild and feild mappings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the source structure for only the fields which are available in your flat file. don't worry about the extra recorded fields during this step.

But in field mapping step, just pass the '/' as constant(in the application toolbar you will have Constant push button, place the cursor on the extra field and just click on this push button, enter the value /) to the extra recorded fields, so that the values already there faor those fields willremain same in the transaction.

Thanks,

Rajinikanth

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help on this..... plzz.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the values are not required you can ignore them and do not include in your file for upload.

Regards Vassko!

0 Kudos

then what are the values that will consider when we run the session. and in the display converted data i found some '/' like characters filled for that feild

0 Kudos

Hi,

the symbol / means that default system value is uploading for that field ( means you are not uploading anything for that field ).

In step : Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules put for that fields to be initial

Regards Vassko!

Edited by: Vasil Pavlov on Jun 18, 2008 8:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question is not clear,

tell me what you do in recording where you have enter the two fields.

Murali

0 Kudos

i am not entering the two feilds.... ok let me explain that

i am doing the recording for the CO11N t-code... where in i have given the flat file with the AUFNR, VORNR, ISM01 and ISM02.. so when i am doing the recording i am entering these four and when i click save in the recording it was also taking some other feilds with their default values.... now my doubt is that if i have to map the feilds, will it be necessary that i have to enter the vlaues in teh feilds that re recorede extra or else if i leave that feilds blank in teh mapping ... will it work ?

0 Kudos

hi,

in lsmw even though u give only 4 fields some fields may also come along with them.

u donot need to worry about them.just create 4 surce fields which u want to pass and do mapping for them.

0 Kudos

SAPLCORU_S 0100 -

in this i am entering four feilds

SAPLCORU_S 0100

BDC_OKCODE /00

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

AFRUD-AUFNR AUFNR Order Number

AFRUD-VORNR VORNR Operation Number

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

AFRUD-AUERU 1

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_CURSOR CORUTCACT-ISM(02)

CORUTCACT-ISM(01) ISM01 Activity 1

CORUTCACT-ISM(02) ISM02 Activity 2

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

this is what i have

and i also see the second one as like this

SAPLCORU_S 0100

BDC_OKCODE =BU

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

AFRUD-RUECK 9669

AFRUD-AUFNR ZMKAR001

AFRUD-VORNR 0020

AFRUD-APLFL 0

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

AFRUD-AUERU 1

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_CURSOR AFRUD-LMNGA

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

BDC_SUBSCR SAPLCORU_S

the values in bold are what i have entered... now i want to know how to go with the other values, in which some feilds are repeated in the second one

0 Kudos

Hi,

check here:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/LSMW/Recording/Recording.htm

and you will understand more for method recording in LSMW

Regards Vassko!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u dont have the values in the Flat file u can maintain the values of the fields in th LSMW itself.

In 6th step

6 Maintain Fixed Values, Translations, User-Defined Routines

u can maintain the fixed values for those fields.

Best regards,

raam

0 Kudos

yes there i got the rpoblem... i am now able to get the clarity.. now tell me what i have to do in that step.. for the feilds that are not there in the flat file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the source structure for only the fields which are available in your flat file. don't worry about the extra recorded fields during this step.

But in field mapping step, just pass the '/' as constant(in the application toolbar you will have Constant push button, place the cursor on the extra field and just click on this push button, enter the value /) to the extra recorded fields, so that the values already there faor those fields willremain same in the transaction.

Thanks,

Rajinikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont want those 2 extra fields, go to your recording -> position the cursor on that particular field and click on Screen Field Button from the top of the screen appearing.

Hope this Helps.

Dhana