Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have one doubt in using 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST' to enable a search help in POV for a module pool programme. Here in TABLES, we pass an internal table that holds the fields that need to be displayed in the search help,

eg: TYPES: BEGIN OF values,

carrid TYPE spfli-carrid,

connid TYPE spfli-connid,

END OF values.

My doubt is can I declare the same as below:

TYPES: BEGIN OF values,

carrid(10) ,

connid(10),

END OF values.

Here I want to avoid the type decleration and just provide a character declaration. Can I do like that, please suggest, if so, do I need to do any other steps to get the entire thing running. I am facing a problem because of the type declearation and hence need a work around for that.

Regards,

Harikumar. S

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikumar

You ca ndeclare your internal the way you have mentioned.

I don`t see any issue their.

Neha

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I have tried doing that. But the search help is not coming with the fields that i declare without TYPE. Are there any other steps to be included to make it visible in the search help.

Regards,

Harikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This FM will work properly only if you declare variables with TYPE statement. If you are not declaring with proper TYPE, pass the field type in table, FIELD_TAB.

another option is, you can create TYPES in program and use that TYPE to declare these variables. That will solve your problem.

Read the documentation for the usage of it's parameters.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

jj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer the function module documentation there its clearly mentioned how to declare and the purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To solve ur issue You have to populate ur internal table and then use that internal table in the function module. While writing a select query the values will be automatically fetched from SPFLI.

Regards,

Uma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the question. Thanks to all