Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain - Fixed Value Append Issue

sivapuram_phanikumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We have added custom domain values in domain, /PICM/STATUS_ACT using the option Goto --> Fixed Value Append. This domain is in turn used in one of the net weaver business client at item level as drop down box. We are able to see the custom values appended. However, when we select the custom value, it is clearing off. Standard domain has 8 fixed values. We have added values from 9th row. Note that, we do not have any issue with the value in 9th row. But from 10th row, as soon as we select it, it is being cleared.

Thanks,

Phani

9 REPLIES 9

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the domain is of type NUMC and it's 2 digits, maybe that the program/dynpro (even if it's standard) defined the field of 1 digit... So you should look at the program closely, or revert back and give some précisions about the dynpro and the domain definition and list of values.

0 Kudos

Hello Rossi,

Thanks for the response. However, field length of this field is 15 characters. Please find more details below on where this field is being displayed.

Component: FPM_TREE_UIBB

Component Configuration /PICM/COMP_CEA_TREE

Feeder Class: /PICM/CL_CEA_TREE_FEEDER

Field: Status

Thanks,

Phani

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the concerned SAP software is not installed on my system, and I can't have a close look at it.

Moreover, I think it would be best if you could show the list of values which are defined (SE11 domain screen capture), and which values you have added.

I advise you to look at the standard program, how it builds the list box.

0 Kudos

Hello Rossi,

Thanks for the response. Please find below the screen shot. I had a look at the logic where the list box is being built and I could see the values in drop down box without any issues. As shown below, up to fixed values 8 are from standard. Starting from A are custom defined. There is no issue with "A" but as soon as I select "B", it is clearing off automatically.

Thanks,

Phani

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well seems program clear those, did you check for some authority-check or Customizing table in this application (Commercial Project Management?)

• Execute SE63 or some trace with ST01 for authorization failure
  • Perform some where-used search on domain and data element to identify such tables.

Also insure that you didn't forget some translation or conversion-exit requirement.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hello Raymond,

Thanks for the response. I checked from authorization perspective and I dont see any issue there. As said above, no issue for the fixed values up to "A". But the issue starts from "B". As soon as I select B, it clears the value.

Though A is saving successfully, when I check in the table, it is saved with Value as 9. Strangely, if I use F4 help, it still shows as A. But only on display it shows as 9.

Thanks,

Phani

0 Kudos

Look like a conversion problem (A = - 9 ?) what is the technical type of the domain (definition tab, NUMC?)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hello Raymoond,

Its Character 15.

Thanks,

Phani

sivapuram_phanikumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your inputs on this issue.