Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Hierarchical ALV GRID inside a custom container of a subscreen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to display a Hierarchical ALV GRID ( not ALV TREE ) inside the custom container of a subscreen. I am not able to bind the Hierarchical ALV GRID object with container and could not find any suitable solution in SDN. Please help me to resolve the same and if possible sample code required.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arnab

3 REPLIES 3

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The hierarchical ALV is rendered as a list display in fullscreen only, so unfortunately, you will not be able to embed this in a container at all.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

Could you please suggest the alternative solutions to display a GRID which is like Hierarchical ALV inside a subscreen. Can we use ALV tree and items will be inside a GRID . Please help.

Our requirement is , inside a normal screen there will be multiple sub screen areas. Inside one of the sub areas we need to insert a Hierarchical ALV GRID.

Thanks and Regards,

Arnab

0 Kudos

Well, you could use the ALV Tree, but then you have one problem, it will only support one data set. The hierarchical ALV supports two data sets, a header and detail table. The ALV tree supports only one set of columns, but of course supports multiple levels of hierarchy.

Regards,

Rich Heilman