Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different symbols in smart form deppending on outputdevice

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, experts how to fix a problem with Different symbols in smart form deppending on outputdevice ?

The problem is compicated that the smart form is removed and i can't find it throw sfp t-code. I have only fm '/1BCDWB/SF00000052'.

And also i dont have this option, like i have in other forms

16 REPLIES 16

abo
Active Contributor

No surprises there, /1BCDWB/SF points to a smartform

The function name prefix for Adobe Forms is /1BCDWB/SM

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I think it's more a confusion about switching the terms "adobe form" and "smart form".

The transaction code SFP is about Adobe Forms, it's NOT about Smart Forms (transaction code SMARTFORMS)

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

for symbols i mean unreadable symbols at first form (like #######). And theese problem only with this form. Other forms are printing well, no matter which device i select

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, as you say, the issue is about "unreadable symbols at first form (like #######)".

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

###### means a character conversion issue (concerning cyrillic characters in your case).

If it works for LP01 but not for LP03, it's obviously due to the fact that the devices are defined differently, and so you should compare them and tell us more.

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

so why other forms prints well, no matter which device is selected

Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, the issue is Form Editor not with the printer. You need to properly use the smart styles, where in which you can define the print characteristics such as character format and paragraph format etc.,

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but if you tell us the differences, it will help for sure.

Probably this smart form is using a font, font stroke, font size, font style, which is different from the other smart forms. Please check, and tell us.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, you can find all these useful answers:

smart form preview hash characters site:sap.com

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

What are the difference between with ssfcomp_open and fpcomp_job_open,so some forms use first and some second ?

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

Cause deep inside of ssfcomp_close there is an FM = 'IMPORT_UCFONTMET'.

Which insetrs data into uc_metric_info table

which lately used to fill the smartform. And table filled for different values, depending on printer device

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos
import
font_header
uc_metric_info
from database stxl(xx) client sap_original_client id stxl_id.

I can't find any values if i try to view them through se16n

STXL_ID-TDOBJECT = UCFONTMET.

And there is no such values in stxl

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

I.m sorry IMPORT_UCFONTMET is deep inside in IMPORT_UCFONTMET not in job_close

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nobody can help you if you're talking about deep internal and debug stuff, only you and your colleagues can do it.

General guideline: SSF is for Smart Forms, FP is for Adobe Forms.

Font metrics give the information of character exact sizes (e.g. W width is wider than I), and more. Note that it concerns TTF (True-Type Font).

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

Deep inside in SSFCOMP_PROCESS_DOCUMENT

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just an example, I have asked this question and I knew there were only little luck that I could get an answer because it's very specific, it happens only at my current client, so I fixed it, and the important thing is to give clues to other people in case they meet the same issue in the future.

Good luck in your research!