Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference GLT0 and BSEG

former_member647955
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to ask you something.

Currently I select 'Total transactions in the period in local currency' (HSLVT, HSL01, ... HSL12 ) from table GLT0 with parameter based on company code and period.

Then I also select 'Amount in LC' (DMBTR) from table BSEG with parameter document number I got from table BKPF by inputing company code and period too.

After I compare both of the data, it's not tied. I wonder why it's happened. Can anybody share to me why this case happened?

At the first time I think that the GLT0 is just a cummulate the value in BSEG. I mean that in BSEG we can see each posting value, but GLT0 is cummulate the value in monthly basis. Do I right?

Thank you

Regards

Hadi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

No .....

BSEG is the cluster table it holds the data of BSIK and BSAK , bsad, bsid,bsis ... where as GTL0 is G/L account master record transaction figures...Then you can not join the cluster table with any other table...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BSEG(Accounting Document Segment) is a cluster table and

GLT0(G/L account master record transaction figures) is a transparent table

you cannot use join conditions between a Cluster table and a transparent table.

Regards

former_member647955
Participant
0 Kudos

It's already solve. Both of two tables can't be compared.

Thanks for all input

0 Kudos

Can you tell us how you solved it. I'm having some problems around this subject.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

GLT0 is the table containing the opening balances along with the transactions done in the Fiscal year.

BSEG only contains all the transactions in the year excluding opening balance.