Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between no extension and no intervals

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have a small confusion a difference between no intervals and no extensions keywords  ..

can anyone explain me with a sample example..?

Thanks In Advance,

Bindu

Moderator message : Search for available information, discussion locked.

Message was edited by: Vinod Kumar

2 REPLIES 2

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

no-intervals means you cannot enter ranges in selection screen (i.e from - to ) but you can input multiple values by clicking the multiple values button.

Effect of no-intervals:     If you specify this addition, the second input screen is not created on the selection screen.

no-extension means you can input range (i.e from - to) but multiple values input button will be disabled.

Regards,

Madhumahesh.

former_member212913
Participant
0 Kudos

HI.

... NO-EXTENSION

Effect

If you specify this addition, the pushbutton for multiple selection is not created on the selection screen.

Note

The user cannot access the dialog box for multiple selection on the selection screen, which means they cannot edit selection tables containing several lines.

Addition 5

... NO INTERVALS

Effect

If you specify this addition, the second input screen is not created on the selection screen.

Note

The user can only specify a single comparison in the first line in the selection table on the selection screen. The dialog box for multiple selections still allows interval selections.

Example

Declaration of a selection criterion for which a single comparison is possible on the selection screen, but multiple selection isnot possible.

DATA spfli_wa TYPE spfli.

SELECT-OPTIONS s_carrid FOR spfli_wa-carrid NO-EXTENSION
                                            NO INTERVALS.