Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Delegated Node and BO Representation Node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fellow BOPFers,

Firstly I would like to thank you all for the helpful blogs and posts in this space; it really helped a lot.

I have recently started to get my hands dirty on BOPF. I have created a demo BO with a delegated node TEXT_COLLECTION and BO representation node CHANGE_DOCUMENT. TEXT_COLLECTION is populated by the consumer API whereas CHANGE_DOCUMENT is populated by the framework. I was wondering if there was any other difference between these 2 node types other than the manner in which they are populated.

Thanks

Kiran Raorane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

a "delegated node" represents an included Dependent Object (e.g. TEXT_COLLECTION) in its host Business Object. At runtime, it is replaced by the nodes of the DO.

A "representation node" represents a foreign Business Object (not a Dependent Object) in order to allow you to navigate to that foreign BO via retrieve-by-associations. So it is not an inclusion (like in the "delegated node" case) but only a kind of a reference.

Best regards

Tilmann

2 REPLIES 2

former_member190794
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

a "delegated node" represents an included Dependent Object (e.g. TEXT_COLLECTION) in its host Business Object. At runtime, it is replaced by the nodes of the DO.

A "representation node" represents a foreign Business Object (not a Dependent Object) in order to allow you to navigate to that foreign BO via retrieve-by-associations. So it is not an inclusion (like in the "delegated node" case) but only a kind of a reference.

Best regards

Tilmann

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response David.

I noticed the upon generating the BO, the framework generates associations for both TEXT_COLLECTION and CHANGE_DOCUMENT.

I tested my demo BO using BOPT to create entries for ROOT and TEXT_COLLECTION. Change document were created automatically by the framework. WOW:-)

I havent got around to reading the entries but am assuming that I will have to use READ_BY_ASSOCIATION for both nodes, TEXT_COLLECTION and CHANGE_DOCUMENT.

Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.

Thanks!