Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determining Tables on Double Click Event on Split Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an OO split screen scenario where I display 2 different internal tables, 1 in the upper section of the split screen and the other in the lower section part. The layout structure used is the same for both internal tables since they display similar information. I am trying to establish that if I use the double click event to drill into specific line items, how do I determine which one of the split screens (and hence which internal table) have I double clicked on so that the correct internal tables details is read for further processing?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colin

You may have a look at my answers in thread

Regards

Uwe

5 REPLIES 5

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colin

You may have a look at my answers in thread

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Thanks very much for this. I have tried this out and it works perfect. However I'm trying to understand this further from the point of view that I did originally look at the event DOUBLE_CLICK in the class CL_GUI_ALV_GRID but didn't think I could use if further since there was no tie in with the optional parameter 'SENDER' you show. It only has 3 parameters listed for this so how does the 'SENDER' optional parameter work? Is this by reference/registration via the SET HANDLER statrement? I also debugged and looked at 'value' passed into the SENDER optional parameter... its not what I expected to see but contains what looked like the whole class object? Apologies but I'm coming more from years in the trenches of "classical" ABAP and seeing the light with ABAP OO!!

Appreciate all your assistance.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Please check this extract from the SAP help

Instance events always contain the implicit parameter SENDER, which has the type of a
 reference to the class or the interface in which the event is declared.

[Triggering and Handling Events |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/71/a8a77955bc11d194aa0000e8353423/content.htm]

0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks for this reference....

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hello

Usually you never come across this optional parameter SENDER.

However, when you create global classes and define event within this class and THEN define an event handler method for this even then you will see this optional parameter in the class builder.

But how often do you do this? I assume quite rarely.

Regards

Uwe