Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of table entries(without maintenance view) in production

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sap All.

here i have got a task to change the data type of one particular field and to delete all the table entries of this table in production.

so in Dev I have tired with z program saved in local object (DELETE FROM Table).

i just want to know how i can delete all the entries of table in production.

regards.

Varma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the easiest way how to delete all entries of table is to use transaction SE14. Here you can adjust database using option "Delete data". There are also other ways how to delete data, e.g.:

Just go to SE16n and give the table name and in the command windows key in u2018&SAP_EDITu2019(without quotes) and execute. You will have all the values editable and you will be able to delete entries.

Regards,

Adrian

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the easiest way how to delete all entries of table is to use transaction SE14. Here you can adjust database using option "Delete data". There are also other ways how to delete data, e.g.:

Just go to SE16n and give the table name and in the command windows key in u2018&SAP_EDITu2019(without quotes) and execute. You will have all the values editable and you will be able to delete entries.

Regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos

Hello,

You can also use transaction SE14.

Start SE14

Enter the table name

Select the radio button "Delete data".

Push the button "Activate and adjust database".

This will drop your table in the DB and recreate it as well as all related indexes.

Indexes are not impacted when you do a regular DELETE statement unless you rebuild your indexes.

Of course you can only do this if data can be deleted for a specific table in ALL clients.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.