Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to delete a back ground Job which is scheduling Daily.

How to do that?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To delete background jobs in bulk, schedule the SAP program RSBTCDEL.

1. Schedule a background job that has RSBTCDEL as an ABAP program step.

2. Indicate the “variant”, or criteria, of the jobs you want to delete, including:

job name

· name of “user”, or person who scheduled job

· job’s start and end times or dates

· “age“ of the job (e.g., older than xx days)

· job’s status (scheduled, released, finished, canceled)

· event ID or parameter for event-driven jobs

3. Run this new background job.

The program RSBTCDEL should be scheduled to run regularly to flush various database tables (TBTCO, TBTCS, BTCEVTJOB, TBTCP, etc.) to keep them from getting unnecessarily large.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a7fef505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the Job using SM37 transaction. In the Menu Choose Job ---> Cancel Active Job.

1. Select a job (or jobs) from the Select Background Jobs screen (Transaction SM37, or choose CCMS ->Jobs -> Maintenance, complete the description of the jobs you want to delete, then choose Execute to get to the Job Overview.)

2. In the Job Overview, mark the job or jobs you want to delete by checking the box to the left of the job name.

3. Choose Job -> Delete.

Hope this helps. In case anything is missing or incorrect, experts in the group please correct !!

Also please have a look at below link. It will help you surely.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a7fef505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm">Delete Background Jobs</a>

Best Regards,

Vibha

<b>

*Please mark all the helpful answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto Transaction code SM36/SM37, give job name. Here you can delete the job.

If job is already runing then using SM50 u can delete the job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To delete background jobs in bulk, schedule the SAP program RSBTCDEL.

1. Schedule a background job that has RSBTCDEL as an ABAP program step.

2. Indicate the “variant”, or criteria, of the jobs you want to delete, including:

job name

· name of “user”, or person who scheduled job

· job’s start and end times or dates

· “age“ of the job (e.g., older than xx days)

· job’s status (scheduled, released, finished, canceled)

· event ID or parameter for event-driven jobs

3. Run this new background job.

The program RSBTCDEL should be scheduled to run regularly to flush various database tables (TBTCO, TBTCS, BTCEVTJOB, TBTCP, etc.) to keep them from getting unnecessarily large.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c4/3a7fef505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

0 Kudos

Hi,

One more doubt, after deleting the Back ground job, if i want to execute in future, what i have to do.

i think again i have to define the job.

Instead of deleting the Job, can we stop the Job?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

If i am not wrong, You can specify the time frame at which your job would run. So if you want to run the job in future you can specify the date and time, right!

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

0 Kudos

as of now, i dont need that back ground Job

so there is no meaning in postponing of that job.

I need a clarification, if i delete the Job and if i need that Job in future, i have to define the Job , is it correct?