Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of a Bank Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requiremnt where i need to delete bank key.

Through Tcode FI06 we can only set the flag for deletion.

and the tcode OBR4 is used to delete all the bank keys available in a bank country.

But i need to delete a particular Bank key in a particular Country. Is there Any way to do so.

Thanks,

Preethi .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sougata
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Setting the deletion flag should be enough, the bank master data for a productive company code should never be physically deleted from the database.

OBR4 will not allow you to physically delete bank master data for a productive company code anyway i.e. where T001-XPROD = 'X' for the company code you are trying to delete the bank master data for.

Off course, you can force a deletion from the master data transparent tables but this physical data should never be deleted that way; setting the deletion flag should be enough for your requirement. Please note that forcing this deletion for a productive company code will lead to inconsistent data.

Cheers,

Sougata.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Preethi,

If you are Doing Custom Program By copying Standard Program SAPF023 .

Bank Information Available In BNKA Table. In Standard Prog they are filling Internal table IBNKA from BNKA table.

In Your Program U can restrict the Internal table IBNKA according to your selection.

Regards,

Nagaraju

Sougata
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Setting the deletion flag should be enough, the bank master data for a productive company code should never be physically deleted from the database.

OBR4 will not allow you to physically delete bank master data for a productive company code anyway i.e. where T001-XPROD = 'X' for the company code you are trying to delete the bank master data for.

Off course, you can force a deletion from the master data transparent tables but this physical data should never be deleted that way; setting the deletion flag should be enough for your requirement. Please note that forcing this deletion for a productive company code will lead to inconsistent data.

Cheers,

Sougata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any FMs or BAPI s or any other method available for setting the deletion flag instead of using Tcode FI06.

Thanks,

Preethi

Sougata
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use function BANK_MARK_FOR_DELETION for this requirement. This FM is documented so I suggest you read the documentation first before calling it in your program.

Cheers,

Sougata.