Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Requestfrom Quality Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please tell me how can i delete Transport Request in Quality Server as i dont want to transport these objects to Production.

Sonal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonal,

<b>Deleting the Object:</b> Delete the objects from Development server , it will ask you for the request , assign the request and transport the request to quality.

<b>Deleting th Request :</b> This is the task of basis peaple you need not to bother abt it.

Kishor

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot / should not delete anything in the quality server. Modify the objects again in the DEV system and transport it again to Quality.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

THERE IS NO NEED FROM DELETE REQUEST FROM QUALITY ....

IF U THINK AFTER TESTING THAT UR REQUIRMENT IS NOT FULFILL U WANT TO MAKE MORE MODIFICATION THAN GO TO DEV AND DO THE CHANGE IT CREATE NEW REQUEST.

WHEN U RELEASE THIS REQUEST THAN IT GOES TO QUALITY .....

WHEN U TRANSPORT THE REQUEST TO PRODUCTION THAN THERE IS OPTION FOR REQUEST WHICH U WANT TO TRANSPORT ..

OR BY MISTAKE U TRANSPORT TH OLD REQUEST THAN DON'T HAVE TO WORRY TRANSPORT NEW REQUEST IT OVERLAP OLD ONE...

0 Kudos

thanks Ravi,

i mean i have transported request from DEV to Quality and now i dont want these request's/Object's then ??

Sonal

0 Kudos

Sonal,

If you don't want those objects delete them in the DEV server and it will get attached to the tr. request. Now move this tr. request to the QA server and the objects will get deleted there.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers and close the thread if the issue is resolved.

0 Kudos

hi sonal,

if you dont wanna transport the object from QA to PRD then dont transport it.leave it as such in the QA itself.

once you have done the necessary changes to same object in your DEV system and assinged to new transport,transport it to QA and it will overwrite the previous changes.dont delete anything from your QA system.this is not at all recommended...

Cheers,

Abdul Hakim

0 Kudos

Abdul,

My query is not to modify the request but i dont want that object at all to be present in the quality then ? I mean that object is not required to develop now.

Soanl

0 Kudos

Hello,

1. if u do not want object to be present in Quality, Delete the object from development and get it transport to quality.

2. Basis or security team open client and delete the object directly in quality. ( Not recommanded )

Regards,

Sudhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonal,

<b>Deleting the Object:</b> Delete the objects from Development server , it will ask you for the request , assign the request and transport the request to quality.

<b>Deleting th Request :</b> This is the task of basis peaple you need not to bother abt it.

Kishor