Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting/Creating multiple Text elements!

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have two questions on TEXT ELEMENTS.

1. My program lines....

wa_output-line1 = 'Financial Accounting'(001).
    -----
    -----
    -----
    wa_output-line6 = 'Financial Accounting'.
    ----
    ----
    lv_vartext = 'Financial Accounting'.

If you observe above code you can identify that there is a text FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING , which is repeating three times.

and for the first time TEXT ELEMENT created. and to create for other i have to double click and it will assign same TEXT ELEMENT to my text. I have to do this action by searching them in my code.

Is there any simple step to do this, to reduce this time....? ( Because TEXT ELEMENT with same text already created )

In my program I have more than 50 text elements and each repeating more than 20 times in my report.

Forget about alternates.. advise if there is any navigation to do this..!

2. Say I have 50 text elements in my text elements screen...

and now i want to delete all unnecessary text elements... Unnecessary means which are no where called in my program.

Can i do it with out manual effort...? I mean... want to avoid.. searching each of them in my report and then deleting.. !?

Thanks ,

Naveen Inuganti.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for the first question, you can use the simple find and replace feature. For eg if text-001 is the text-symbol for 'Financial Accounting', just hit ctrl+f and enter 'Financial Accounting' as the search term and give text-001 as the replace term. Then select replace all option. It will replace everythinh in one go.

Regards,

Vikranth

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As for the first question, you can use the simple find and replace feature. For eg if text-001 is the text-symbol for 'Financial Accounting', just hit ctrl+f and enter 'Financial Accounting' as the search term and give text-001 as the replace term. Then select replace all option. It will replace everythinh in one go.

Regards,

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

1.To replace all the text elements at a time you need to press Find Button(CTRL+F) and give the text (FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING

and replace with TEXT ELEMENT.

2.To delete unused text elements,First find the text elements which are not used by Extended Program Check(EPC) by usng SLIN transaction code ,select character strings checkbox and execute.Then check for warnings in character strings,it will list of unassigned text elements.llist out the text elements and delete from your program.

Thanks & Regards,

Pydi Reddy.