Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Jobs Log for SM37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am developing a tool which requires a log about background jobs. This tool schedules a non-periodic job to run on a fixed number of days for a fiscal calendar. In background, this will create multiple job entries with the same job name to be run on these selected days. This can be viewed in SM37. Some or whole of these job entries can actually be deleted or these job entries can run its full course and get finished. In both cases, we will be seeing that SM37 will show the list of finished entries. This doesn't leave any trace about the job whether its deleted or it ran its complete course. I couldn't find any logs which shows the details about the job runs other than in TBTC tables. Can anyone help with a solution for this?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the solution suggested in the below thread.

- Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response. But the problem with this is that it requires the time of deletion and I can't get the time as the user can go in and delete the job at any time in SM37. Also I see the log number but don't see any information about the job which was deleted.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I don't get what is your exact question. If it's about how to find information about a deleted job, then sorry there's no trace of it in standard. You have to find a workaround to keep track of your jobs (in a custom Z table for instance) and check if any has been deleted.

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should do a whole different approach to your problem.

The problem being, (some) users are alllowed to delete jobs in a production environment. If it was my system I would restrict this, since some jobs are necessary to ensure a good working environment (the workflow jobs for instance).

In most companies, jobs are scheduled by basis team and by super users, the rest can file a request for scheduling and reporting but can't schedule themselves or delete them.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also don't get what the question is exactly, what you are trying to achieve and what have the job logs to do with the job scheduling. Care to clarify?