Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Master Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Due to wrong naming convention, I created a table with correct name and would like to delete the old customizing table.

In SE11, I type the table name on Database Table, and press delete (the bin icon).

But system stops me with a prompt: <b>"Table ZCRMC_PDF is still used in ABAP Dictionary. Due to use in Dictionary objects, the deletion cannot be performed."</b>

What is the problem? How could I delete this master table??

Kindly advise.

Thanks!!

br,

ginnie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

see the where user list of the table .... so that you can see where and all the table is used..

probabily the you have made the table maintaince generator .....or in pogram used for inserted and deleting ...etc ..

so first delete the depending obect or comment the used lines ....

i think it is because of the table maintance generator ... so remove the Tcode of it and maintance generator ...then delete it...

reward points if it is usefull ...

Girish

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

see the where user list of the table .... so that you can see where and all the table is used..

probabily the you have made the table maintaince generator .....or in pogram used for inserted and deleting ...etc ..

so first delete the depending obect or comment the used lines ....

i think it is because of the table maintance generator ... so remove the Tcode of it and maintance generator ...then delete it...

reward points if it is usefull ...

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto SE14 and deleting the same.

also try to find where this is being used

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If u want to delete the table u need to delete all the data related to that perticular tavle like.

1) delete data

2) check wether u are using in any other tables or programs.

3) delete the table maintenance things ie .. function group and related things.

Thanks,

Madhukar