Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deep Structures in RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use Deep Structures in RFC...But it is not allowing...

But, that is my requirement...Can you please tell me how can I solve my problem?

Thanks,

Sandip

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please elaborate upon the procedure you are follwing to use a deep structure and what message are you getting?

Regards,

Shweta Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Created a Structure in SE11.

In that I gave 3 normal Fields....and

One Field with Table Type ( SE11 Table Type).

This Structure I am giving it in RFC Table.

So, that Ican get Table in a Table.

But, It is not allowing to use Deep Structure.

Thanks,

Sandip

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

if you want the table created through se11 as a parameter, please define it as an import or export parameter of your bapi wrapper as per your requirement.

Do reply if you face any problem, with the specifications.

regards,

shweta soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u define a deep structure in Tables tab of RFC It will not allow. You need to define the same in IMPORT/EXPORT Parameters....Using TYPE....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use deep structure as IMPORT/ EXPORT parameters in RFC. For ur reference you can check any standard RFC in which the deep structre has been used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a Normal Table Type (SE11)..without any Deep Structure as Changing Parameter.

But, it not allowing...

But, I want to place one Internal Table as A changing Parameter.

Thanks,

Sandip.

0 Kudos

hi

Try this

In changing tab

Specify

Type Spec. is Like

Ex:C_itab like zcust_stru

Thanks

0 Kudos

Another way would be to create a transparent table in Data dic. with all those 3 fields and one str. and then create a table in the TABLE parameter using LIKE in the function mod..

-Sid

0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

please open your Bapi wrapper to edit and go to the the tab "Changing", there create an entry for the internal table you want as the changing parameter as below:

parameter name : <internal table name>

typing : TYPE

associated type : <associated db table name>

pass value : checked.

Then save and activate.

it should work

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

You can do the same using the tables parameter of the BAPI wrapper also, all you need to change is the value of Typing to LIKE.

Regards