Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal Places issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have a problem and need your clarification. We are purchasing the material and price for the same in more then two digit. i.e. Product A value  per pc is 1.34895. System is not allowing more then 2 decimal to us. How can i do that.

Secondly if i create price tag for more then 4 decimal what will be effect on the Balance sheet. My balance sheet vlaue is 10,000,000,000.00

Regards,

Chirag

CFO

Moderator message - "Quick", "urgent" help is not provided in the forum. Please be patient.

Message was edited by: Suhas Saha

3 REPLIES 3

sandeep_katoch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Check the data element associated with the field storing the price. It must have been defined as 2 decimal places.

If you want to store more decimal places than you need to create new data element which has 4 decimal places.

For your rounding query, SAP does rounding in same way as normally it goes.

Regards,

Sandeep Katoch

0 Kudos
Dear Sandeep,

Thanks a lot for reply. qucik question if i change my price per unit to 4 digit does it have any effect on balance sheet i.e. like restriction of field or anything? will it effect any presentation of my balance sheet due to balance sheet total is 10,000,000,000.00

Please help me to understand.

Regards,

Chirag shah

0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Yes, it will but in very small margins, as this is having 2 decimal places so normal rounding will happena  and based on that floor value or ceiling value will be taken.

Regards,

Sandeep Katoch