Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal field prob on editable ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a field referring to standard data type TB_BZBETR which is currency field with CURR and 2 decimal places, is a editable one in ALV. When trying to enter any value first its displaying like 0.00 and then when i enter any value like 22 it is storing like 0.22 and when i try to enter like 22.22 it is not allowing me saying that decimal places not allowed. The only way i can enter is not giving point '.' in between like if  2224 is entered then it is storing like 22.24.

What wud be the prob please help me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out in your User setting as what you have given as separators for Decimal places.

Menu System>User Profile>Own Data

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends, help me out ..

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

maybe you should check your user settings, see thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3481115

0 Kudos

Hello

Check the demo program BCALV_EDIT_02, where when i edit the Airfare like as you say.

when i enter 22 and press check button it is adopting it to 22,00.

Check the program in detail it might give you some hint, also if you check under the package SLIS in SE80, there are lot of demo ALV programs for EDIT, check it and if you still didn't solve it, please revert we will help you.

Regards,

TP

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out in your User setting as what you have given as separators for Decimal places.

Menu System>User Profile>Own Data

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define a similar field of char/string type and using split statement segregate the values.Hide the mentioned filed in the field catalogue and display the new field in the  ALV output.

Regards,

Kannan

nomssi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as ABAP does not store decimals, the amount values are interpreted according to the decimals in the currency.

I have a field referring to standard data type TB_BZBETR which is currency field with CURR and 2 decimal places,

The default is 2 decimals, but some currencies like JPY, MEX are usually defined without decimals. So make sure your amount field is linked to a currency field via the ALV field catalog and maintain this field with the appropriate currency.

regards,

JNN