Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging the Custom BADI of BW Extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created one custom extractor based on view (which is based on MARA) and enhanced the extractor for some fields to get data from MBEW tables.

But I'm not getting the data in RSA3.

I enhanced the extractor by creating the CUSTOM METHOD (XXXXX) in one of global class which also have the method IF_EX_RSU5_SAPI_BADI~DATA_TRANSFORM.

I'm trying to debug my custom specific method (XXXX) in RSA3 but i unable to debug the code .

I also set the break point in the source code of my CUSTOM METHOD (XXXXX) but i'm unable entered into the my custom method source code which is to populate the custom fields of extractor .

How can i debug the custom method source code of extractor in RSA3.

Regards

Mohammed

2 REPLIES 2

D_Chia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

you should first verify whether the logic in your method IF_EX_RSU5_SAPI_BADI~DATA_TRANSFORM actually gets to the CALL METHOD <your custom method> line.

perhaps it is some conditions, checks or the name you derived did not correspond to your custom method's name correctly [ assuming you are calling it dynamically - CALL METHOD ( lv_methodname ) ]

test with the breakpoint starting at the beginning of method IF_EX_RSU5_SAPI_BADI~DATA_TRANSFORM instead to verify this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chia

thanks alot for your reply.I will test it

Any other points like how to debug the source code of my specific custom method which is related to BW Extractor enhancement

can you please step for how to debug the source code of my specific custom method

Mohammed