Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging RFC

koen_boutsen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

In a web application I use an Odata service method, e.g. getPersons in a ZCL_MYAPP_DPC_EXT class. In this method I use a remote function call (RFC) do retrieve data in a database on another system.

I set a breakpoint in the getPersons method and in the function that is called by the RFC on the other system.

Eclipse does not stop at the breakpoint in this last function.  In R3, this works as it should.

Does anyone know if (and how) this can be done in eclipse ?

Thank you

Koen

1 REPLY 1

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Koen,

actually the described scenario should work with ABAP in Eclipse just the same way as it works with SAPGUI. That means if you create a breakpoint in the target function module within the target system (may require another AiE project) you should be able to debug that RFC request.

But if I understand your initial post correctly you already ensured that the breakpoint is created in the target system. So if you are still unable to debug there can be different reasons. You can now try the following:

1) Check your AiE debug settings: Right click on the ABAP project (RFC target system) in the project explorer and choose properties. Enter "debug" as filter text on the upper left corner and check whether you have enabled the AiE debugger and if you are debugging for logon user (assuming the RFC is executed for your logon user).

Settings should look roughly like the following:

2) Right click on your breakpoint and choose "Refresh Breakpoint Activation" / "Refresh Breakpoints" immediately before you try to debug.

If that's not helpful for you please create an customer incident for further processing.

Best regards,

Armin