Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging of User exit created by substituion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Myrequirement

while doing payments for RTGS/NEFT through F110, BSEG-SGTXT should be filled with vendor name.

I tried this by substitution at acll up point 2 in OBBH by using User Exit. In user Exit we have written coading as go to LFA1 where BSEG-LIFNR=LFA1-LIFNR, Pick NAME1 for that LIFNR, & print that NAME1 in BSEG-SGTXT.

Now I can't see its impact, Can anyone sugest me How can I debugg this.

Regards,

Sagar

5 REPLIES 5

former_member200345
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OBBH, double click on the substitution and select your step in the line item.

Now use the below path to set break point.

EXTRAS->EXPERT TRACE->SET BREAKPOINT.

Regards,

Vijaymadhur.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your reply.

But the set breakpoint is disable.

Regards,

Shashikant

0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

I don't think the system will allow you to set breakpoint at the step level. You can click on the next higher level called "Line Item" or "Document header" and set the breakpoint through Extras->Expert Trace->Set Breakpoint.

Also, why don't you write the code to set break point within your new user exit through statement BREAK-POINT or BREAK <userid> and then continue your debugging once you reach the break point ?

Regards,

SP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems you are trying to set the BP in change mode. In this case, system will only allow you to set the BP in display mode.

Try again.

Regards,

Vijaymadhur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay's method worked.