Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging FM working as Web Service

former_member737583
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have an FM working as WS. How can I debug this FM when I pass data to this FM via WebService?

Regards, Tomek

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to do a unit test in SE37 with the same data you are passing via a Web Service and ensure that it is working as expected.

I am not sure if you can debug when the fm is invoked a s a web service from a external system.

Regards,

Ravi

Note - Please mark all the helpful answers

0 Kudos

I did this already and when I use data from SE37 FM works correct, with the same data via WS not. Thatway I'm asking about debugging when data comes from WS.

I think that WSDL file and conversions can be problem...

0 Kudos

you can place an HTTP break point within the code which would get triggered when called from webservice clients. (the user name has to be the same )

possbile reason for error: tested fine in SE37 and not in webservice.

conversion exits are there which are automatically handled in Se37.

for example csks-kostl is 10 chars long with conversion exit.

suppose csks-koslt value is 456, in se37 if you pass 456 it will work. however when you call from webservice you need to pass 0000000456 (seven preceeding zeros).

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

I also discovered that the problem are converions and leading zeros. Now inside FM I just call correspondent converions exit and now it works fine.

0 Kudos

Glad to found that out. now you can mark this thread as answered!

Raja