Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging a called program in a subroutine 'PERFORM GET_ITEM(saplmepo)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Issue :

While creating a Standard PO(NB) from a PR in transaction ME21N, all the data is getting fetched automatically except the 'Short text' of the material.

My Analysis :

While debugging, I found that all the material master data is getting filled in a pot[] table. When I looked for this pot table like how it is getting filled with all the data, I found a Function Module 'MEPO_DOC_ITEM_GET' and inside this FM, there is a subroutine  'PERFORM GET_ITEM(saplmepo) '. In this subroutine, it is calling a standard program SAPLMEPO and inside the subroutine, the table pot table automatically gets filled.

I searched for this pot table in the program SAPLMEPO and put the breakpoints there, but it is not triggering from the above subroutine.

I need all your help to know how I can debug this program though my subroutine where this program is called to fetch the material data.

3 REPLIES 3

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prathap,

Put the breakpoint include LMEPOF2E form GET_ITEM line Number 9.

But i think POT table is not populate in this form. Because there is not statement like data append or insert the data.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

POT is not getting filled in this form. In the perform, thet have called program SAPLMEPO.

In that program, it is getting filled somehow as per my analysis.

Please let me know if you have any idea how this pot table is getting filled.

mohsin_mohammed5
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.