Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivation of Check Indicators for Background Submit of a Report/Transaction

former_member393459
Discoverer

We have custom report in which we have we have set the check indicator to 'Do not Check' for a few authorization objects using SU24 for the transaction code used to execute report. The setting works fine when the user submits the report in foreground. However, when there is a huge volume to be processed the users have to submit this report in the background and in such a case the check indicator setting does not take effect and the program starts checking on the authorization objects that were previously deactivated for the transaction. This is because when submitting in background the program name is transferred to the background job and not the transaction code and the check indicator can only be set for the transaction code.

Is there a way to influence the program behavior for both foreground as well as background?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question. I'd say the fastest way would be to arrange for a background user with sufficient rights and run the program/jobsteps under that user.

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good question. I'd say the fastest way would be to arrange for a background user with sufficient rights and run the program/jobsteps under that user.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurjen. Yes, that seems to be one option if it the objects would cause SOD at user level or critical to be given in end user role. This would require giving them access to S_BTCH_NAM for the background user.

In my case these objects were not critical or causing SOD. They were just not relevant for the scenario when processing in dialog. I have now activated the objects and assigned them to the user role.