Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_RSQL' short dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a dynamic where_clause in a select query. ie its created at runtime. I get a short dump 'DBIF_RSQL_INVALID_RSQL' at the select statement. The reason shown in ST22 is:

Possible errors:

o The maximum size of an SQL statement has been exceeded.

o The statement contains too many input variables.

o The space needed for the input data exceeds the available memory.

Could you please suggest a solution to the problem, since the data to be fetched is large I would not want to use select-endselect loop as that would make it slower.

Thanks in advance,

Anju

8 REPLIES 8

former_member386202
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a basis problem.You have to increase roll memory area. tell basis guys to increase memory.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

Check your select query.

order of field in select query may be different to the order of field in in internal table.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using into corresponding fields of in the select query. Also the column positions are the same

Anju

0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

Please review note 690241 to understand why this error is happening.

Regrds,

sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using IN statement .

If yes than decrease the no. of parameter in the IN statement.

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I am using IN clause but I cannot reduce the number of variables after the IN clause. Is there any other way of solving the problem?

Thanks.

Anju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

Check the link

[ Perfect link|

;

Regards,

Sandeep

0 Kudos

Hi,

Split that SQL query into two or more logically and it will solve your problem. I think that you have exceeded the permissible length of query.

Raghav