Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Object for MARC is Inconsistent

0 Kudos

Hello,

I added a new append structure to MARC table. The fields added were ZZ* fields with custom data element and domain as CHAR3. The data element had Change Document Option selected and the domain has ALPHA specified in conversion routine.

After adding the fields, I tried to activate the structure and it gave partially active initially. I changed the enhancement category to "Cannot be enhanced" and activated again.

Then I tried to activate the table. It also says partially active.

I then went to SE14 and hit Activate and Re Adjust Database and it got activated.

However, when I checked in SE16, it gave a dump. On checking further I found that the Runtime Object has the 2 fields but the Database Object doesn't have and there is an inconsistency.

I found a similar issue on a blogpost which was resolved by running a Reconstruct on the table. The basis team tried that and it gave the below log message which I also got while running activate and adjust via SE14.

MARC: Structure change at field level (DB is adjusted)
Adjust table in DB >>>
sql:
ALTER TABLE 'MARC'
ADD ('ZZ_SEGMENT' NVARCHAR (000003)
DEFAULT '' NOT NULL
'ZZ_SUBSEGMT' NVARCHAR (000003)
DEFAULT '' NOT NULL
)
transaction rolled back by an internal error: index delete error:couldn't execute parellel re-validation by concurrent update.
DDL Time(___1): .......915 milliseconds
The SQL statement was not executed
Table MARC (Error adjusting the database)

Table MARC was not activated

The SAP System doesn't allow me to delete the append structure. I'm kind of stuck here.

Can anyone help and suggest where I am going wrong?

1 REPLY 1

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several SAP notes about that. Choose the more relevant one(s) corresponding to your exact situation. If it doesn't work, you may contact the SAP support.