Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data upload from tcode msc2n

pankaj_parida2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I am beginner in abap_dev. pls help me on this problem.

I want to make BDc on T code MSC2N.(TAB Classification). in that tab i have to upload 6 field (HEATNO,THICKNESS,Width,COIL NO,Grade,Length)

but when i am going to recording ((SHDB) all the field disable, so i can't record.

pls give advice how to write the program ?

Edited by: pkparida on Nov 10, 2011 11:38 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look into class definition (TA CL02). On the Characteristics tab you can see the technical characteristics name (for example Z_WEIGHT). On the classification screen you enter this thechnical name in the first column and the value in the second column (for example 'Z_WEIGHT', '3.259' in the first line, 'Z_THICKNESS', '1.35' in the second line...). Press Enter. Press Save.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

y dnt u try a bapi rather than bdc.

try to use this BAPI BAPI_BATCH_CHANGE

Thnaks & regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the characters are to be populated the first time (they are initial now), you can use MSC2 instead of MSC2N. You'll need the technical name of the characters on the classification screen.

pankaj_parida2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

BAPI FM BAPI_BATCH_CHANGE not solve this problem.

pls give anather sugetion.

pankaj_parida2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually The Technical Name Of these fields not come.

So i can't understand where the data save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look into class definition (TA CL02). On the Characteristics tab you can see the technical characteristics name (for example Z_WEIGHT). On the classification screen you enter this thechnical name in the first column and the value in the second column (for example 'Z_WEIGHT', '3.259' in the first line, 'Z_THICKNESS', '1.35' in the second line...). Press Enter. Press Save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx!

The points will help poor children.

I'm glad, that I could help you.

Won't you close the topic?

Best Regards

Alfons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you use BAPI "BAPI_OBJCL_CHANGE" instead of going for BDC?

Regards,

Ganga