Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Transfer Using ALE/IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to implement an ALE\IDOC scenario and i am totally new to this.I have a web based software from where i need to pull data into SAP.

The moment billing takes place in my web based software i have to pull the required data and generate an accounting document number in SAP using transactions FB01 er FB60 and FB70 depending on vendor or customer Invoice which means i need to have my vendor and customer master data in place before this.The IDOC which i would be using is FIDCCP01.My question is:

The web based software can generate both an XML and EDI file into a domain from where SAP can fetch it. Now,

1. If they can generate an EDI file which format should it be in?

2.If EDI file generation is possible through that web based software its structure should be exactly the same as my IDOC structure right?

3. What would then be the process on SAP side to pick that EDI file data?

4. Does the transaction WE16 help in picking up an XML file format or an EDI format and convert it automatically into an IDOC and how do we go about it?

5. Now when this idoc is going to generate accounting documents against those billing documents if the customer or vendor does not exist is there a way by which i can first create this vendor\customer in the master and then continue using some other abap tool?

6. Could an email be generated automatically when teh document is posted?

I know these are a lot of questions but i really need an answer to this.

If u have an answer my alternate email id is philip.lailu@mahindra.com

Awaiting your reply shortly.

Thanks & Regards,

Lailu Philip.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. XML Format

2. Message type INVOIC01 or INVOIC02 format

3. You need to write a Z program to read data from that path and use FM IDOC_XML_FROM_FILE to convert that XML file to IDOC.

4. Use transaction we60 with above message type it will all help you need. we16 is for testing it could not be used for a solution.

5. In your Z program check before the XML is ubmitted for processing whether the customer exist by select on KNA1 if not use FM BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATE to create and same for vendor.

6. You need to implement workflow for this.....

Reward points it this helps