Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data element not visible to my package

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to ECC 6 and using packages instead of development classes as in 4.6c. I recently created a new package for development. I'm trying to create a new structure which is included in my package. For a component type on one of the rows I'm trying to use the data element CFX_COLID (for cFolders development). When I check the structure it completes with no errors and the message "No inconsistencies found". However when I try to activate it I get a message:

DDIC object TABL ZMY_STRUCTURE has package check errors. Should object be activated anyway?

I click no and get the following error:

The used object, DTEL CFX_COLID, is not visible.

The CFX_COLID data element is in the CFX_COLLABORATION package which appears to be nested in the CFX package.

From what I've read about package checks, I thought I might need to add the CFX package interface to the Use Access tab of my package so everything within my package would be able to access the CFX package and it's contents. However after adding it I don't notice any difference, I still get the above error.

The CFX package is marked as "Package check as server is set on". I read the documentation on the package checks but I don't quite understand what the package checks are doing. 'As server' seems to be having a stricter check but I'm not sure what it is checking or what I need to do to pass the check. I don't know if this is even part of my problem.

So, does anyone know how to make the CFX package (and it's contents) visible to my package? Or just in general, how do you make one package visible to another?

Thanks

Terry

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go IN SE80 and try to add from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you find the solution? I'm facing the same problem...

0 Kudos

I solved the problem using tab "Packages included" at Package Builder (se80).

Regards,

Roman

0 Kudos

Thanx Roman

including the package solved my problem as well.

Terry should mark this thread as answered.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For future reference, it may also be caused if your package is set as 'server'. Unmark this setting on SE80, in the properties of your package and try again.

We faced this issue after a package migration.

Best,