Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising TABLE Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have already created a Z table and generated a maintenance screen

FILE_BANK_KEY BANKK CHAR 15 0 Bank Keys

FI12_BANK_KEY BANKK CHAR 15 0 Bank Keys

FILE_BANK_ACC BANKN CHAR 18 0 Bank account number

FI12_BANK_ACC BANKN CHAR 18 0 Bank account number

These are my fields in table, , now I have a small problem, I want to have different description for FILE_BANK_KEY & FI12_BANK_KEY..

As of now both of them have same data element BANKK, so they show up the same description in table maintenance

Can I do this without creating a new data element.

Points for all helpful answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are looking for description change only in table maintenacne screen? in that case change screen behind your table maintenace. From table maintenance generator screen double click on the overview screen system will take you to layout, Here you can

change the description.

Note: But in future somebody altered or regenerated the table maintenance then your changes will get lost.

aRs

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you create a new dataelement for that?

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you want to use a built-in type rather than a data element?

Rob

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are looking for description change only in table maintenacne screen? in that case change screen behind your table maintenace. From table maintenance generator screen double click on the overview screen system will take you to layout, Here you can

change the description.

Note: But in future somebody altered or regenerated the table maintenance then your changes will get lost.

aRs

0 Kudos

Thanks, thats solved my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grame,

You can not change the description without changing the data element. Because a field in a table or a structure gets the semantic attributes from the data element.

Copy the data element BANKK as ZBANKK and give description whatever you want.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Vikas Bittera.

**Points for useful answers**