Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer contact(BP Contact) creation with additional fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating customer contact(BP Contact) can we pass additional information like contract and document number(FICA Document) by any means.

And if we do so in which table are the data stored.

One way is to pass the data in the text field available while using FM:'BAPI_BCONTACT_CREATEFROMDATA' but I am unable to find the table in which it is stored.

Please help me with the solution.

Thanks,

Vineet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

venkat_aileni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

If your question is where does these texts are going to be stored, then:

*It will be stored in table 'STXH'.

*You cannot read text directly from this table, you have to use standard FM 'READ_TEXT' to achieve this.

*To find parameters for this FM open your text object double click on the text object header / Click on display button available at the bottom of the text editor of the text object. Then follow path Goto->Header.

This screen will give you the required details.

Note: text name = if header then Order Number, for item Order Number + Line Item.

Hope this clarifies...

-Venkat

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

BP contact is stored in BCONT table.Hope this helps.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I was just looking for table which stores text passed in the FM:"BAPI_BCONTACT_CREATEFROMDATA" for customer contact creation.

Please let me know if you can help me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

You can use FM READ_TEXT to retrieve the text stored.

ID: BCON

Language: EN

Name: BP Contact Number

Object: BCONT

You can find this header information from table STXH.

Cheers.

venkat_aileni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

If your question is where does these texts are going to be stored, then:

*It will be stored in table 'STXH'.

*You cannot read text directly from this table, you have to use standard FM 'READ_TEXT' to achieve this.

*To find parameters for this FM open your text object double click on the text object header / Click on display button available at the bottom of the text editor of the text object. Then follow path Goto->Header.

This screen will give you the required details.

Note: text name = if header then Order Number, for item Order Number + Line Item.

Hope this clarifies...

-Venkat

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

The query is resolved.