Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom RSNAST00 dragging in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experiencing an issue with a background job taking signficantly longer than usual for the past week. After a step to ensure that the job isn't already running, the second (of 2) step is a custom-copy of RSNAST00. It starts out running very smoothly (microsecs for each delivery line item), but gradually swells to the point that it takes up to 40 minutes for a single item to process. We've cleared a 'stale lock' from a previous run of the job that had been cancelled, and confirmed that there are currently no others. The job has been cancelled and rescheduled numerous times now with the same results (although I've verified that it's not reprocessing items that have already been processed in previous attempts).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Can you please specify what are the changes you have done in the custom program copied from standard.

Regards,

Thanga

5 REPLIES 5

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Can you please specify what are the changes you have done in the custom program copied from standard.

Regards,

Thanga

0 Kudos

There are only two differences between RSNAST00 and our custom ZRSNAST00:

• at line 1344, zrsnast00 adds 'and us_screen ne on' to the 'if nast-kappl eq 'V1'.' condition.
  • within subroutine CHECK_KAPPLS_NOT_TO_PROCESS, the following was added after the 'endcase.':

* logic following condition types no process unless delv fully picked

if nast-kschl eq 'Z060' or nast-kschl eq 'Z06Z' or

nast-kschl eq 'Z05A' or nast-kschl eq 'Z05B' or

nast-kschl eq 'Z06A' or nast-kschl eq 'Z06B' or

nast-kschl eq 'Z06C' or nast-kschl eq 'Z06D' or

nast-kschl eq 'Z06E'.

data: c_wbstk like vbuk-wbstk,

c_vbeln like vbuk-vbeln.

c_vbeln = nast-objky(10).

select single wbstk into c_wbstk

from vbuk

where vbeln eq c_vbeln.

if sy-subrc ne 0 or c_wbstk ne 'C'.

p_subrc = 4.

else.

p_subrc = 0.

endif.

endif.

Thank you for your question, as it has led me to some additional points to investigate. First, I need to see if running the original RSNAST00 with similar selection criteria causes the same drag (if so, I can submit a note directly to SAP for support).

I will reply with any additional information as I discover it.

0 Kudos

Did you check for already existing OSS notes for RSNAST00 and your version (which one?) - As there were some a long time ago,  as far as I remember I had this issue in 4.6c...

Perhaps you are working on an old version were notes are (were) available , else you wont have copied the report, but added your code in an implicit enhancement point at end of the form

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

ECC 6.0, Basis 702, Kernel 721... I think that answers version, but if not, please provide steps to determine such info.

Personally, I would have steered the client away from making a custom copy for the exact reason you've mentioned, but this development had occurred long before I joined the project team a little over 1.5 years ago. Having others' poor work dumped in our laps is the nature of our job.

I've yet to get an oportunity to run the existing standard program to determine which way I would need to go, and it seems this issue is no longer in focus from the client's perspective. If/when it comes back up, I'll be sure to continue discussion here.

Thank you both very much for your assistance!

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you are right there might be some update for the standard program and it is not reflected in the Z* report.

Please run the standard report as you said and if you face any problem in the standard then check the OSS note and implement it in standard program and also in your Z program.

Regards,

Thanga