Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field Mandatory in VA01 for Specific Order Types for Custom field and Custom F4 help for the Same Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The Requirement is Need to Add one field( Reason for Movement) length 45 Char  in VA01.

I have added in VBAP and Structure and Added VA01 4900 screen as well. It is Displaying Perfectly .

Now the main issue is: This Field

1) We do not show or remove for Couple of orders means it only show for some orders

2) We have to make this Mandatory for Couple orders

3) Need to add Specific F4 help for this field

4) The Value of this Custom field should updated in VBAP

I have analyzed MV45FAFZZ and The value which I entered in VA01 I am not able to get in SAVE_ DOCUMENT_PREPARE METHOD

Appreciated if you help me on this. .

17 REPLIES 17

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

1.In PBO, we can handle when to display when not to display custom field by loop at screen

2. in PAI if for required order type custom field not found, through message.

3.By using POV event

field zxy module f4_zyx.

and in  f4_zyx module Identify condition and required F4 will call.

4.if u add field in VBAP table then value from zfield  automatic flow to VBAP table.

former_member182915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for custom screen design  use only VBAP structure So that data will flow automatically, no overhead for data flow.

Hope this will help u to solve your problem

0 Kudos

HI Swadhin,

How can we change the Standard PBO , PAI events you mean that I need to Implement Enhancement Framework for each event .. I don't think so Functional team will agree on this.?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am talking about Additional Tab at header and item label not about the standard.

TanmayVerma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gangadhar,

SAP has provided dummy screens labelled as Additional Data A / B for adding fields at item level.

If you use these screens then all your requirements can be fulfilled very easily. Also can you let us know how you have added the field on screen 4900 so that we can help you further.

Also as far as user exit SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE is concerned the values will be present in internal table XVBAP[].

~Tanmay

Message was edited by: Tanmay Verma

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay ,

I have added the field in screen 4900 only since the field should be added after UOM.

Please let me know if we add here then how can we update in VBAP?

I have attached the screen shot for new field. kindly see

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can handle the field in PBO / PAI of 4900. Hope you have give the field name as VBAP-<name of custom field>. If yes then the value should get filled in. Check the same in debugging and also if you need  to do some modification then use USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP.

Rest of the things can be handled in PBO / PAI as mentioned by Swadhin.

~Tanmay.

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmay,

So we have only one option right ? I need to enhance the standard Program or is there any other way?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you would have already used access key to modify the screen 4900  and added field there. Next step is to write logic to handle the data.

I would have suggested for using the additional data tabs screen 8459 /8460 since there it becomes easy to perform all functions

0 Kudos

HI Tanmay ,

8459/8460 are additional data tabs you mean?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes 8459 / 8460 are the additional data screens.

vijayanandpaul_puvvula3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gangadhar,

Simply follow this link,

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3199196

Regards,

Vijay.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have followed the link before I post my question , in that link Till the adding the field in the screen ahs provided but to update that we might need to enhance the standard so I conveyed the same to my functional team so they said as per my request add the field in Additional data A / Additional Data Tab B tabs they said OK . So hop I can do it now ..

0 Kudos

Hey Gangadhar,

Did you happen to get the solution? We are just in the process of analyzing the same. We have the same requirement to add a date field in the line items table which by default will pick the First Date and users can modify at the line items if need be.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

0 Kudos

Hey I got the Solution for adding line item in Screen 4900 and updating VBAP successfully ..

I am yet to do  Automatic Value i am in between something so i need to start.

0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Did you get any solution on this?

0 Kudos

I added the fields to the line items overview screen. Yet to implement the logic to initialize the fields. Our sandbox systems are down and am waiting for them to be up to continue. Will post the solution in a week or two

Thanks,

Nagarajan.