Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field in vendor master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am an MM consultant i have requirment to create custom field in the vendor master data.I want to insert the custom field in the address, accoutning or purchasing tab which are standard transaction in ECC6.0 EHP4.

Please let me know wehther it is possible to create custom field in the standard screens or not if possible let me know what are pros and cons if we implement that i know the badi-"VENDOR_ADD_DATA_CS".

Please let know if any other Badi is there if it is there which one is good to implement.

Thanks&regards,

Chand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chand,

Do not think about adding a custom fields in standard screens.It is better to go with badi VENDOR_ADD_DATA_CS".This will be easy to handle.It will be very easy to handle this in future and you will get support from sap.

Regards,

Madhu.

4 REPLIES 4

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chand,

Do not think about adding a custom fields in standard screens.It is better to go with badi VENDOR_ADD_DATA_CS".This will be easy to handle.It will be very easy to handle this in future and you will get support from sap.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

HI Madhu,

Thanks for the reply I am checking with my ABAP team once it is done I will update you.

Once again thank you very much for the reply.

Thanks&Regards,

Chand

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

Our client is not going for this option as it requires lot of validation so we have used text procedure in vendor master data  in extras where we can add our text.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks&Regards,

Chand

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chand,

Please, see SAP Note 580266 - Enhancements without modification in vendor master. It helps you

Regards

Eduardo