Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSKS Partly active due to Include CI_CSKS

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While adding two custom fields (type CHAR) to the Include CI_CSKS, system is throwing error "TABL CSKS is inconsistent in active version".

I have not yet even activated the customer exit COOMKS01.

While adjusting and activating CSKS using SE14, it says "SQL Exception - column name already exists".

It seems Database and Dictionary version mismatch. new field is available in DB, but not in Dictionary.

could you guide how to acivate it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Reconstruct of the table solved the issue.

20 REPLIES 20

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after adding the field in CI_CSKS did you activate the structure?

Then you can adjust the table CSKS in SE14

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Yes. I have activated CI_CSK after adding fields.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you pl share your screen shots

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is in Partially active status. the activation log error says, "TABL CSKS is inconsistent in active version".

one thing to notify here that CSKS shows only 1st field. The activation log says it doesn't recognize 2nd field.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open CSKS

Goto utilities->database objeject->database ulitlity-> adjust and activate database table button

Also, check the enhancement category of that structure. It should be can be enahanced

Also make sure about the two new fields are correct. They are not existing elsewhere in the table.

It seems that there is a problem with second field

kindly show those fields.. no need to hide I hope it is not that much confidential.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you get into trouble with SE14 database table adjustment, you must be very cautious because it's very frequent that the table gets emptied in the end, so you should ask people to stop working in the system, backup the table contents (data from all clients), and finish the adjustment. You'd better ask the help of your administrator too.

If you just created CI_CSKS, there's no reason to have an activation problem.

Problems may arise if you remove some fields or change them (SE14 adjustment needed).

You have SAP Library and SAP notes which give instructions how to proceed. You may need to access client 000, user DDIC (ask administrator).

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I have tried adjusting the table using SE14.

it says "Database operations were required to adjust the object. Please look for the SQL error listed in the log before after the cause." and column name already exists for 2nd field.

I didn't understand this, as there is no existing duplicate field in CSKS.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As it clearly says, the second field you entered which is already existing in the table.

So change the name of the second filed.

What are the field names you added. Please provide

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I understand your concern about data loss. it has been taken care.

The issue is strange. SE14 adjustment is failing saying column name already exists for 2nd field.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Manoj, As I already told you , you are trying to enhance the table with two columns out of which one column is already existing in the table. That is why the error.

1. Please provide us - what are all the field names you are trying to add

2. Change the second field (which is identified as duplicate field ) to some other name.

Please provide us the detail

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

These two fields are the only custom fields as part of CI_CSKS.

As you pointed out correctly, I tried changing the name of the second field and then it activated.

But the issue is, we have to keep the same name as it is already in use in multiple interfaces.

I don't understand, from where it is getting this column name and saying already exists.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open that field in SE11 ( data type )

execute the Where used and see where it is used?

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if you check CI_CSKS where used list, SAP has used it in multiple places in standard code. So all the fields inside this include automatically comes as used.

I don't understand, if this field is already exists, it won't allow at the 1st place only.

if there other ways to find the issue ?

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, SAP isn't going to have where-used in standard code for ZZ fields in a CI for CSKS. You have a duplicate name but without indicating what fields you have created folks really can't help.

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

This is the SE14 adjustment log.

I don't find, where my second field ZZI15_PR already exists.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are having an issue with the inconsistency then I would suggest removing the fields from the CI_CSKS include and activating it, then executing the adjustment in SE14, and lastly redoing the work on CI_CSKS to include the ZZ fields.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to spend time to try the hard way to recover the situation if you have a backup of the table.

Just drop the table from the database (SE14), recreate it (will be empty), and restore the table with SQL at database level e.g. something like INSERT INTO csks ( list of columns ) SELECT ( list of columns ) FROM backup_csks.

Of course make sure the backup is up-to-date, and nobody works when you do it.

And you're done.

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can your basis team can login in hana db and see the table structure to confirm the column is really exists or not.?

As Riyan suggested, Do one by one column

1. First remove that error coumn and save the structure activate it and SE14 adjust the CSKS.

2. Once done, again modify teh structure CI_CSKS and add the next field and activate it and adjust the table csks

Hope that should worlk.

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan, Venkat,

1. I removed CI_CSKS itself from CSKS.
  2. then activated CSKS from SE11. It got activated.
  3. then I did DB object check on CSKS. Still it says INCONSISTENT.

Log entries:

› Database Table with role: STANDARD is not consistent

› Field ZZI15_PR not exists in RTOBJ

MKM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Reconstruct of the table solved the issue.