Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Data Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am working in CRM data archiving .

We have specified few archiving objects for archiving.

among that , i am trying to archive this Archiving object "BBP_BID" .

it is asking few parameters to proceed further .

the steps i followed :

1) SARA >> BBP_BID <Write>

2) in the next screen . there is no variant available so i selected maintain & Gave the variant called "GTEST"

am in this screen & below one is the screen message ,

<b>Maintain Variant:Report BBP_PD_ARCH_WRITE, Variant GTEST</b>

in this screen it's asking some inputs to proceed further .they are ..

1) EBP Docs

2) Flow Control &

3)There is a check box called detail log .

in the EBP Docs ; the following details i have to give . 1) Document Type 2) Document Number .

in the Flow Control : there is two options called "test run" & " Archive" .

so my question is what is document type ,document

number & where can i get this details ??

Give your valuable inputs .

Thanks

Regards

Ganesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

1. Document Type: There will be various type of document for example:In sales -- Inquiry, Standard sales order, consignment sales type and so on. Here you have to mention which all the sales order type you want to archive.

2. Document Number: All the sales order which is created in the system are having unique number. Here in this selection screen you have to enter which are all the document number that you want to archive.

3. Your 3rd question where can i get this details? : During archiving design phase the archiving consultant will discuss with the particular application configuration team mate about which all the documents to be archived.

For example: All the data which is business completed during period from 1999 to 2000 should be archived.

Then in the selection screen we will take the date into consideration for archiving.

*Similarly in your case You have to get the information which Document type and which document nos to be archived.

• After getting the information then select those document no and document type in the write selection screen and schedule the job.

For Test purpose: You can select some old document number and archive it in test mode.

Note: During test run please select "Test Run".

If you select the Detail log in the selection criteria then it will give you the details of archiving. For example: How many data is archived, Reason why some document is not archived, and so on...

You can see the detail log in the spool list.

Hope this answer has given you information.

-Thanks,

Ajay

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

1. Document Type: There will be various type of document for example:In sales -- Inquiry, Standard sales order, consignment sales type and so on. Here you have to mention which all the sales order type you want to archive.

2. Document Number: All the sales order which is created in the system are having unique number. Here in this selection screen you have to enter which are all the document number that you want to archive.

3. Your 3rd question where can i get this details? : During archiving design phase the archiving consultant will discuss with the particular application configuration team mate about which all the documents to be archived.

For example: All the data which is business completed during period from 1999 to 2000 should be archived.

Then in the selection screen we will take the date into consideration for archiving.

*Similarly in your case You have to get the information which Document type and which document nos to be archived.

• After getting the information then select those document no and document type in the write selection screen and schedule the job.

For Test purpose: You can select some old document number and archive it in test mode.

Note: During test run please select "Test Run".

If you select the Detail log in the selection criteria then it will give you the details of archiving. For example: How many data is archived, Reason why some document is not archived, and so on...

You can see the detail log in the spool list.

Hope this answer has given you information.

-Thanks,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay ,

Thanks for your reply .

Actually i can able to choose Doc No & Doc type .

For test purpose , Can i choose any Document Number and Document Type .

This is sand box system .

and few doubts please clarify that too ,

i dont want to start delete phase immediately .that means i just want to start archiving .is it possible ??

how can i check the Archiving process status and logs ??

how can i set the residence time for the data ??

Could you please share with me if you have prepared any documentation during your Project time .

my mail id : ganesh1895@yahoo.com

Thanks

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

1. Yes, you can chose few old document numbers for archiving.

Note: Get the document number which is old thruough SE16 T.Code and later in selection screen enter the document no and archive.

similarly Document type also.

2. Yes, You can start delete phase immediately. Goto SARA > Enter Archiving Object > Click on Customizing > Click on Archiving Object specific customizing --Technical Settings.. In this screen you find Delete Program settings > select Automatic settings.

3. Archiving logs: After scheduling the job, in Archive administration screen (application tool bar) you can find push button 'JOB'. Click Job and select your archived session and click on Job log (application tool bar) here you can see status, archive session number, archive file name and so on for this archiving session.

Similarly select the archive session and click on Spool list to see detail information of your archiving run.

4. Setting Residence time: SARA > Enter archiving object > click on customizing > Archiving control for sales document. Here you can specify the Residence time based on the sales organization and sales document type.

Sorry i cannot disclose any client details so please excuse. I think above explanation is enough to understand your queries.

-Thanks,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay ,

Thankz for your explanation .

i have few doubts.

Provide me an overview of an Archiving Process ,

what are the prerequisites before archiving ?? ( like giving the logical file name & physical path & file size of archiving object ........)

Please explain

how to assign logical path & physical path ?

what are all the parameters i should give ..??

if i missed out anything ,notify me that also .

Thankz

Rgds

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

It will take couple of days to inform all the information of archiving, but i will try to give brief explanation regarding archiving FILE configuration:

Prerequisites of archiving are

You should have storage system connected to your system.

FILE configuration: T.Code -- FILE

You can create your own Logical file name, Logical file path, Physical file name

and Physical file path. For more detail information please see SAP Help.

1. Create Logical File path: Example: Z_ARCHIVE_PATH

2. Assign this to physical file path, Here you should know what is your operating system. Based on that select the syntax group and create your Physical file path. Example: if it is UNIX -- /archiving/<FILENAME>

3 Create Logical File Name. Example:

Enter “Z_ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE_TECH”

Physical File:

Enter “D_<PARAM_3>_<PARAM_2>_<DATE>_<TIME>”

PARAM 3 gives Archiving object name, PARAM_2 gives one character alphabetic code, which guarantees that the archive file is unique.

*Data Format:

Set to “ASC”

• Application. Area:

Set to “BC”

*Logical Path:

Set to “Z_ARCHIVE_DATA_PATH”

After creating the this assign the logical file name to Archiving objects. It is assigned in SARA > Enter AO > Click on Customizing > Archiving Object specific customizing Technical settings --- Assign Logical file name.

Here in this screen you can also mention File size as 100 MB. Meaning after 100MB of first file second archive file is created.

• You can also configure whether u want to have automatic deletion run or manually to schedule the deletion job.

• Similarly you can also schedule the automatic store job.

- Ganesh, Prerequisites of archiving application data will various between archiving object. Better to study archiving process in <u>sap.help.com</u>

-Thanks,

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi Ajay ,

Thankz for your brief explanation regarding Archiving FILE Configuration.

actually i am very new to this data archiving .

though i am studying <u>sap.help.com</u> .and also am having the sap press book <b>Archiving Your SAP Data</b>. but still , i need some practical documentation .which could give me a very good idea of this Data Archiving .

anyway once again Thankz for your time and valuable inputs .

Rgds

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

Archiving of data is done under the following circumstances:

1. high volume of data growth

2. system performance issues - high access times and very slow db access.

3. keeping the system maintenance cost in check.

4. critical tables are being affected.