Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creation date for a transaction Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a requirement to find out the creation date for a transaction code.Hey guys plz help me out.There is no creation date in the table TSTC i have checked that.Is there any way with basis?

Regards,

Midhun Abraham

8 REPLIES 8

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use tables E070 and E071

A.

0 Kudos

The problem is i have request which was created in june and then there was a creation of a transaction code

by someone during the period from june to september so i needed to know when this tcode creation had happened.

Former Member
0 Kudos

TADIR with Object as TRAN and ob_name with the transaction name.

0 Kudos

Thanks, Dakshna!

This answer of yours worked for me, to find the creation date (i.e. created on) and creator (i.e. author) of a transaction code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go to SE93 -> Enter the transaction Z*****

Display the transaction.

Double click on the program.

It will route you to ABAP program where you can find the creation date and author details.

As every transaction is a program in the backend, this could be one way to find the creation date of a transaction.

Regards,

Srikanth.

0 Kudos

Thanks Srikanth,

it worked like a magic

0 Kudos

Pretty big assumption: that the tcode was created on the same day as the program that it executes! Apart from ignoring the fact that not all tcodes execute a program, most times when I write a new report program I get the program all working first and only create a tcode when I'm ready to give it to a functional analyst to test!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Go to the table TADIR (System Repository Object) provide the Object Type as 'TRAN' and Created On date as your given range of date in which you want to find the transaction creation date and you can also provide package name, it will speed up the data search. Finally execute it..

You will get all the transaction created with in that period of time along with the package , request and creation date..

Thanks & Regards

Syed Hussain