Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating sales_order with idoc orders05

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have probed my test of the orders05 idoc for create a sales order, i have been using the we19 transaction, now i want to create a job, and i need to know if there is a transaction standard for read the files of the port and process it, or if i have to make a z that reads the directory and call the IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this what you want to know :

When an IDOC comes into the system, is there a standard way of handling it and automatically creating a sales order or do you have to create a Z program to process the IDOC separately?

The partner profile process code will define who handles the IDOC.

I believe you have already set up the partner profile,

If not set up the partner profile and the inbound process code of ORDE on the partner for message type ORDERS05 should do the trick.

You can see the FM to process code linkage in transaction WE42.

Message was edited by:

Srihari Hebbar

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this what you want to know :

When an IDOC comes into the system, is there a standard way of handling it and automatically creating a sales order or do you have to create a Z program to process the IDOC separately?

The partner profile process code will define who handles the IDOC.

I believe you have already set up the partner profile,

If not set up the partner profile and the inbound process code of ORDE on the partner for message type ORDERS05 should do the trick.

You can see the FM to process code linkage in transaction WE42.

Message was edited by:

Srihari Hebbar

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Srihari, but i have done the partner profile and the configuration in we42, now what i don´t know is how can i launch this process.

Thanks in advance.

regards

0 Kudos

I guess you need another system to send an IDOC to your system.

Or you can just try the standard inbound processing in WE19. That will be the same.

Just populate the receiver port, partner number, partner type and role in the control record of your Idoc and click on standard inbound Processing, that will simulate the same process .

0 Kudos

so, I need to create a batch input for we19 in a zprogram?

Thanks in advance

regards

0 Kudos

I have found the report name for process the inbound orders, the points for you.

Thank you very much

Regards

0 Kudos

No, All I am saying is that WE19 is the test tool where you can test the IDOC processing.

Typically, and Idoc comes in from another system into your system through the port.

Depending on the partner the appropriate process code and FM is triggered and IDOC is processed.

There is no Z program required for this, the whole process starts automatically when an IDOC comes into the system.

In WE19, you can only test whether you have setup everything correctly, the actual processing does not happen through WE19.

Hope you understood.