Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a new transport for the FM when already a transport is there on FG

Madhurivs23
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to make changes in the one FM Zxyz which is residing in the FG ZSD. There is already a transport for the FG ZSD on another developer. I dont want to save my changes in that transport which is not released yet. Can I create a new transport for FM Zxyz?

When I tried to change the FM and save my changes in new task under that prev. developer's transport request, the FG is getting added in object list and not FM.

Please help.

Rgds,

MAdhuri

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, transport is always for FG and not for FM

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot do that, you need to do the below:

1) Unassign the objects in old TR and then assign the same to the New TR. in this case all the changes for old and new changes will be available in the new TR

2) Release the old TR and contact your basis team not to import the TR to target system(This will be hanging in the system). Now create a new TR and make changes

Hope this helps

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that FG is created for the first time and never released, you cannot add the FM alone in a separate TR. Only the function group will be transported with all its components. However if the FG is already transported, then you can add the FM alone in your desired transport request.

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Release all the objects included in the FG then you can create a new transport for FM. You cannot create a new transport request for FM without releasing the FG.