Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a dynamic variant for FPB3 for batch jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to schedule a batch job for transaction FBP3. To schedule a job, it requires a identification (variable identification). How this variable can be generated? I have defined a variant in TVARVC with selection option 1-99999999. When I run the job for FPB3, the variable numbers are not getting incremented. The job generates the variant as 000001 for every job. Looks like get next is not happening. Is there a way to get the numbers incremented? ( I know that there is a option of running a program to get the numbers incremented which has to be scheduled as a job prior to running FPB3. , Is there any other option?)

Thanks,

Pathanjali

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see note 728512, if you put a '*' in the identification, the system automatically generates a run ID that consists of date and time.

Thanks

Sameer

0 Kudos

Hey I didnt find that note in my system I am using ECC 5.0 with release 6.4 . what does that note day. Please menion.

atul_mohanty
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please follow the below steps.

1. In the table TVARVC, create a parmeter variable for the identification number. Set an initial value ( as required)

2. Create a variant and use this variable in the variant ( while saving the variant of FPB3)

3. Write a program to increment the variable and update the variable in TVARVC and execute this program before / after every time you run FPB3.

Let us know, if it helps you. Thanks.

Edited by: Atul Mohanty on Jun 29, 2011 3:33 PM