Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Webservice from Function Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use Webservices in Netweaver. Therefore I want to create Webservices from Abap code.

I started working with this tutorial:

(For some reason I am not allowed to post links. So what I did was basically going to tools->Webservice->create webservice from function module)

It works until I save the Webservice as a local Object. The next step would be to go to transaction WSADMIN.

There I won't find my Webservice under SOAP Application for RFC-Compliant FMs.

Do you know the problem?

Thank you.

regards

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Gerne on Nov 21, 2009 3:23 PM

Edited by: Daniel Gerne on Nov 21, 2009 3:23 PM

9 REPLIES 9

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you've done is correct. I've recently created, and got working a webservice, but I'm on a later release, so instead of WSADMIN, I use SOAMANAGER.

What release are you on, and what precisely are you doing in WSADMIN?

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

thnak you for answering.

I'm on SAP ERP/ERC 6.0

NetWeaver 7.0

Until now I haven't done anything in wsadmin as my webservice definition won't show after saving as local object.

What I did so far: In Se37 I went through "Create Webservice from the function module" Wizard in the end I saved as local object.

The next step in the tutorial I'm following is to go to wsadmin and find this ws-defiition under SOAP Application for RFC compliant FMs.

Do you know a better way to deploy webservices from function modules?

regards

Daniel

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you're going about the right way. You'll know if you should use soamanger, as WSADMIN would tell you that it's obsolete.

The whole Webservice area is a bit flakey at the moment - even on higher releases. I've always had difficulty, every time I've tried to use them! And even when I've got them working in D, somehow in Q they don't work as expected - so your frustration is not unique.

I'm not sure I can help you much. But if I think of something I'll let you know.

matt

0 Kudos

Hello,

Whether WSADMIN is obsolete or not in your version, if SOAMANAGER transaction is available in your system, it would be recommended to use SOAMANGER above WSADMIN. I was successful in creating a web service for creating bank data using the BAPI_BANK_CREATE from a .NET application. Just follow this blog if you want to use SOAMANAGER to expose a RFC as a webservice

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID1114234850DB01457466970696131246End?blog=/pub/wlg/8464]

If SOAMANAGER is not available, goto WSCONFIG and release the webservice you created and in WSADMIN get the WSDL link

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hello,

that's strange:

Transaction SOAMANAGER is found a default-browser window is opened but it says "this service is not available". Does the SAP-Admin need to explicitly activate the soamanager?

Transaction WSCONFIG will give me the message " transaction is outdated". Plus it won't show my Webservice-Definition either.

In SE80 I can see the WS-Definition and activate it. But I won't find it in the other transaction neither.

regards

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Gerne on Nov 22, 2009 5:33 PM

0 Kudos

Hello,

From Netweaver 2004s SP14, we have to use SOAMANAGER to carry out Web Service admin functions. SOAMANAGER is a Web Dynpro-based transaction. So in transaction SICF, you have to activate Webdynpro, srt and icf nodes.

Thanks,

Venu

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you've activated the necessary services in SICF, you can use SOA manager. From a service, you can get the WSDL that you need to create the proxy, but also the WSDL to create the logical port (once you've created the consumer proxy).

Strangely, I didn't get the endpoint visible in SE80, until I'd looked at the service through SE80.

Told you it was flakey...

SwarnaliBasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please share with me the tutorial what you are following for creation of webservice from FM.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Asking for documentation and other material is not permitted in these forums.